Generalised Ayurvedic Therapies
- Sarvanga Abhyanga
- Kati Basti
- Janu Basti
- Greeva basti
- Patra Pinda Sweda
- Nasya therapy
- Karna- Purana
- Shiro- Abhyanga
- Mukha Abhyanga
Shirodhara – Body and mind Healing Therapy
The term ‘Shirodhara’ comes from two Sanskrit words, where ‘Shiro’ means ‘head’ and ‘dhara’ implies ‘pouring. Shirodhara is a unique and powerful ayurvedic therapy that balances and stabilizes the mind. Specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured in a thin steady stream directly onto the forehead. Shirodhara purifies the mind, alleviates anxiety, reduces headaches, and expands awareness.
The treatment is started with a warm herbal liquid’s stream (which can be oil, water, or buttermilk based) poured onto the patient’s forehead from a metal pot continuously where there is maximum nerve endings and is highly sensitive. The oil and liquids are selected on the basis of a person’s vata, pitta and kapha constitutions. The duration may be decided by the doctor depending upon the condition of the patient, which may vary from 30 to 60 minutes. A light head massage can be given to the patient before or during the procedure.
When the person undergoes the shirodhara treatment, it makes the person strong and immune, physically and mentally such that he or she can tolerate the extremes of life including diseases, stress etc., can overcome their health issues, and remain ageless, feel–good, and look-good.
Shirodhara helps with improving insomnia, hypertension, high blood pressure, depression, anxiety, sinus problems, migraine headaches and more. One feels deeply relaxed and rejuvenated after their Shirodhara treatment. There is a sense of release and clarity that dawns afterwards.
Herbal oil Body Massage therapy
Medicinal oils containing herbs with anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, analgesic, anti-stress and anti-aging properties is chosen as per individual body constitution to massage head and body using unique Ayurvedic method gives relief in different ailments like arthritis, neuro-muscular disorders, body ache, stress and fatigue
1.Reverses/prevents aging and increases longevity
2.Removes fatigue and stress from work and life overall
3.Heals and prevents nervous system disorders
4.Promotes good vision.
5.Nourishes the body and promotes sturdiness
7.Creates an electrochemical balance in the body.
8.Oil rubbed into the skin prevents dehydration and strengthens the nerves.
9.Oil helps the electromagnetic field of the body.
10.Stimulates antibody production, thus strengthening the immune system.
Lower Back oil pooling therapy
A unique warm oil treatment for the lower back which can be helpful in treating all lower back ailments including acute and chronic pain, nerve disorders and sciatica.
1. Effective in lower back pain, degenerative spine changes, compressed discs, Sciatica, Osteoporosis, Sacro- iliac joint pain etc.
2. Relieves pain, stiffness, swelling and inflammation in the lower back and lower limb.
3. Brings lightness and sense of health in the lower part of the body
4. Soothes the nerves and enhances the blood supply stimulates antibody production, thus strengthening the immune system.
Knee oil pooling therapy
A unique warm oil treatment for the knee provides relief in conditions like osteoarthritis, knee injuries, runner’s knee, knee bursitis, patellar tendonitis, sprained ligaments etc
1. Pacifies aggravated Vata Dosha in the knee region
2. Restores the lubricating fluid in the joint and maintain the integrity of the structures involved in the joints.
3. Relieve pain and stiffness in the joint
4. Protect knee joints from age related changes.
Neck Oil pooling therapy
Greeva Basti is a special ayurvedic treatment for different kinds of neck complaints including cervical spondylitis, I.V. disc prolapses, arthrosis, etc. A pool of medicated oil is kept in a dough dam over the affected area.
1. Relieves pain and stiffness in the neck, shoulder and upper limbs
2. Relieves swelling and inflammation in the bones a soft tissue of the neck
3. Strengthens the neck, shoulders and arms
4. Alleviates associated conditions like headache, dizziness etc.
Herbal Poultice Massage
It is very popular treatment and highly effective therapy offered by Ayurveda for relief in pain. It is a form of sweat-inducing therapy. It is effective in pain, inflammation, swelling, and stiffness associated with bone, joint and in musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diseases like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, sciatica, disc prolapse, frozen shoulder, low back pain etc.,
1. Relieves pain, inflammation and swelling associated with joint diseases and other painful conditions
2. Causes sweating and brings lightness and a feeling of strength in the afflicted joints, muscles or soft tissues
3. Removes water retention in the tissues and effusion of joints
4. Soothes nerves and improve blood circulation
Herbal Body-Scrub Massage
A natural, effective weight loss therapy. This is a typical deep massage using herbal powders. It is performed both dry and wet. It is also indicated in abdominal obesity by breaking down cellulite, muscular weakness, diabetic neuropathy, Rheumatoid arthritis
1. Udwarthanam tones and exfoliate the skin
2. Reduces fat tissue and weight makes skin radiant and glowing
3. Improves skin complexion
4. Removes bad body odor
5. Removes toxins and cleanses the skin.
Nose is the gateway to the head; this form of therapy is highly effective in treating many diseases related to the head area. The therapy cleanses and opens the channels of the head, thereby improving the process of oxygenation (prana), which has a direct influence on the functioning of the brain. It provides relief in headaches, the stiffness of head, teeth, jaw, neck, shoulder, rhinitis (not acute), neuro-muscular disease etc.
1. Good Sleep, improved strength of sense organ
2. Lightness and clarity of head, eyes, and voice
3. Feeling of mental peace
4. Inhalation withour obstruction
Application of oil, etc, in the ear is useful in various conditions like tinnitus, headache, torticollis, pain in the mandibular joints, to keep ear function optimum, ear pain, Jet-lag, ears popping/crackling in airplanes, severe itchiness and deafness etc
1. Improves hearing and relieve pain
2. Loosens ear wax
3. Strengthen the bones in the ear
4. Prevent neck stiffness
Indian Head Oil Massage Therapy
1. Beneficial for nourishment of hair.
2. Prevention of hair fall
3. Increases the sharpness of the senses
4. Improving the strength of the voice, lower jaw, and the head.
5. Intensely relaxing and revitalizing massage
Ayurvedic Face Marma massage
The Ayurvedic Facial massage provides a specialist marma point ( energy point) massage to the face, scalp, neck and shoulders using organic oil according to your skin texture and complexion. It is helpful in relieving skin problems like dryness, wrinkles, acne, scars, dark circles, sun tans, stops ageing process
1. Relieves stress and tension, which in turn may reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. Increases circulation; more blood in the skin means more nutrients being delivered, and consequently healthier skin cells that hold their tone and vitality.
3. Increases lymph flow for glowing skin.
4. Increases prana (vital energy) that keeps the skin looking fresh and alive.
5. Promotes greater absorption of oils or creams that nourish the skin cells and skin barrier, improving skin hydration.
6. Helps you attain quality sleep that restores the body and boosts immune response.
7. Calms nerves and reduces fatigue.
8. Supports all the senses, especially helping to relieve eye strain.